Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If only I had a genie in my pocket...


Wow, big hopes and lots happening right now! If you pray, please pray. If you think happy thoughts, sprinkle me with some mental fairy dust please. Good karma, good juju, good mojo, positive energy... Whatever you can give, I'll take it.

Explain? Sure! First things first, the people in my life that need a little sumpin sumpin:
My friend Jarrod is taking his contractor's licensing exam today and tomorrow. May he pass with flying colors!
My friend Melissa is going on a cruise this week. May her ship not go all Titanic on us, and may she have sunny skies and yummy drinks.
My friend Kristen is currently on a cruise. May she have the time of her life. She deserves it.
My little sister left for Air Force basic training this morning. May she learn and grow and find everything she's looking for.
My friend Andrea and her fiance were in a terrible car accident over the weekend. May they find a speedy recovery and a glass of wine to recover from that experience.
I have another friend who is feeling a little lost and lonely in a new place. May she find her direction and all the happiness life can give.
My sis-in-law/bff is having a spinal tap soon. May it all go well and she have long lasting health.
My grandmother is recovering from recent health problems. May it be a speedy recovery, and may she soon be back to her cantankerous, loving, gardening ways.
My mom and aunt are helping her. May they find some zen in all the madness.
My old choir teacher, youth minister and friend, Chuck Tipton, recently found out he has a brain tumor. May his medical team be wise and skillful, and may he find himself a long, content life from now on.
My cousin and his wife are trying to find the perfect house. May they find all they want and more (and a lady to serve my cousin mediocre fried fish at the buffet).
I am trying to buy a house. May the Deutsche Bank (insert tasteless joke here) accept my offer if that's what is meant for me.
I'm sure I'm missing a lot of mentions of people that I love, and even if life is not big for you right now, living is always big. We could always use a little love our way, so give a little if you can.
Lastly, two more wishes: May AT&T stop calling me every hour to sell me a new phone plan (I don't need one, please consult Target for better marketing advice), and may the lady at Wal-Mart become better at weighing her oranges so that she no longer gets her hair stuck in the produce scale.
*Post-publish edit: May the new bus driver shave his big yellow mustache and shed his grumpy demeanor so that the elementary kids quit getting in trouble for calling him the Lorax.

3 comments:

Christopher J. Agudo said...

Think positive and look at the good in everything. Challenges come our way so that we can learn and grow from them, no matter how bad they may be.

Here is something I thought of a day ago:

Life. To live. To make mistakes, learn, and grow. To fall then rise. To have purpose. Life. A gift. To have a personality. To be one of a kind. Unique. To never give up no matter how bad the circumstances. Life.

Keep on pushing forward and know that everything will be okay, always. =)

Christopher J. Agudo said...

Life. To live. To make mistakes, learn, and grow. To fall then rise. To have purpose. Life. A gift. To have a personality. To be one of a kind. Unique. To never give up no matter how bad the circumstances. Life.

Things come, things go.

You seem like a pretty optimistic person, which is awesome! Keep it up and know that everything will be okay, always. No matter how bad it gets. Challenges are meant to happen, so that we can learn and grow to be the best that we can be.

Always move forward and think positive Elaina =)

ChristopherJ.Agudo said...

Life. To live. To make mistakes, learn, and grow. To fall then rise. To have purpose. Life. A gift. To have a personality. To be one of a kind. Unique. To never give up no matter how bad the circumstances. Life.

Things come, things go.

You seem like a pretty optimistic person, which is awesome! Keep it up and know that everything will be okay, always. No matter how bad it gets. Challenges are meant to happen, so that we can learn and grow to be the best that we can be.

Always move forward and think positive Elaina =)