Sunday, April 1, 2012

I lost my keys, but I never lost an entire dude...



As usual, this blog has really no cohesive thought process, and it has pretty much nothing to do with anything. Enjoy!

Last night, I took the kids to a friends house for snacks, fun, adult conversation and wine. The latter two on the list were, of course, reserved for me. We were getting ready to go, washed, combed, dressed, all that nonsense involved in looking like you didn't roll out of bed and right out the door. My kids are allowed to pick their own clothes (...with precious few exceptions. Foam cowboy hats and rain boots are really not wedding attire.), and my 4-year-old takes full advantage of my liberal dress code. She did pick a cute little dress and leggings to match, so I left her alone to get dressed. She walked out a short time later wearing mismatched socks, GIANT clip on earrings and a pink scarf knotted around her waist. She was the perfect mishmash of eccentric cuteness. She then announced enthusiastically, "Look mom! Now I look just. like. you!!!" I love how I must look in their eyes.

So I had a nightmare last night. I dreamed that I washed a load of dishes in the dishwasher, and every bowl and cup flipped over and filled with water. After that, I had some dream about a snake. The dishwasher dream bothered me considerably more.

This is how I play Farmville:
Soon it will be time to harvest my beans. Maybe I can
eventually level up enough to get some chickens up in
this hizzay!

Last, but not least, I would like to mention something that is heavy on my mind, sometimes more than others. I see missing people posters, read about people gone missing, and now there's that show about people who just *poof* disappear. Have you seen this person? Probably not. It astounds me. I like to think that if I went missing, somebody would notice. Also, I'd like to think that after they noticed, they would try to find me, whether they thought I wanted to be found or not. Not that I'd disappear. I'd give in, update my status, and all sneakiness would be lost. It bothers me that, in today's "google me" world, people can still vanish. I have a much-loved uncle who did. The people in the posters do. If Forensic Files can solve a murder based on carpet fibers stuck to tape, how are entire people lost?

1 comment:

Thinkerbell said...

I don't know what happened to my font sizes.