Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Does One's Junk In the Trunk Have To Go Through Customs?

Me marking studs, but not in a fun way.
Oh, the house, the house.  Our house that we bought, you know the one.  The one with the artwork?  (If you are still lost, click here to catch up.)  Oh, the misery.  We finally got our hands on a copy of the blue prints, all freshly done up and exactly what we wanted them to be.  Really, my only disappointment was in that they are not actually blue, which makes them just prints in my way of thinking.  Way less exciting.  Anyway, so we have a set of the most beautiful engineering drawings ever.  (Thank you, MK Engineering.)  Now we find we have more hoops through which to jump.  I won't bore you with the details, but the bottom line is that we may be set back another 3 months.  Will this house ever be built?  Also way less exciting was "marking the studs."  When my husband announced we were going over to mark the studs, my first thought was, naturally, somehow putting my scent on nice-looking gentleman to convey to the other ladies, "Back off!  This hunk is mine!"  I sort of doubted this would be the case, though, because it was his idea, but I went with an open mind.  Not. Exciting. At. All.  I had to crawl around and write lines on the bare concrete with a sharpie everywhere there was a piece of wood so we'd know where to nail the drywall (if the time ever arrived).  Not the "stud-marking" I'd been anticipating.

In a side note, why does my iPhone autocorrect almost every damn thing I say (for example, I don't want to say, "Good Mormon" when what I mean is "Good morning."  and when you autocorrect to "duck", phone, that's really not the word I intended at all), but when I type "ong" it totally lets that go?  Autocorrect to "Omg," please and thank you.  Does it really think my intended expression is "Ong"?!  Sheesh.
Never looks quite the same as the
picture on the box, does it?

So, I've decided a little slimming and toning is in order because my first cruise is coming up March 1.  Ok, not technically my first cruise.  We went back in.... October was it?  November?  But Hurricane Sandy had a party in the Bahamas, so we were unable to leave port.  We just spent a weekend on the cruise ship, enjoying the dinners, drinks and shows, until it was time to get off the boat on Sunday and go home.  It was a great time, but this time I hope to actually go somewhere into the ocean, and I want to look great doing it.  So in order to meet my fitness goals, I got a jump rope, one of those big exercise balls, a resistance band and a pedometer.  Jumping rope is not what it was in the 5th grade, y'all.  If I don't smack my ankles every third jump, I'm winded and have to stop.  The only thing my resistance band has managed to do is smack each of my curious, yet oddly inattentive children in the face, at least one time each.  I find I can't wear my pedometer because that 500 Miles song by the Proclaimers just plays a constant loop in my head whenever I have it on, and I'm half out of my mind (and a wee bit Irish) by the end of the day.  And I just can't seem to figure out exactly what it is I'm supposed to be doing with the ball.  It seems I am exercise impaired, so I decided to try to achieve my goals through diet instead.  I went out and spent a small fortune on "healthy, yet delicious" foods.  My first venture?  An all natural egg white and veggie omelet that wound up looking nothing like the picture on the box, but tasting very much like the box itself.  Fail.  Ah well, skinny is overrated anyhow.  Looks like I'll be taking my junk in the trunk on the cruise along with the rest of my luggage.  

Random funny for your day:  This is a sign on an actual restaurant in my hometown.  How many golians does it take to make Chinese food?  Just one, apparently, a "Monogolian", at the Fuzhou Buffet.




No comments: